Tuesday, August 09, 2005

Let me start with Me!

Everyday brings more clarity with it & it brings with it the fog of memories. There are times when I feel so strong that I feel I can lead the world to a new beginning. Then there times when I feel so weak & insignificant that I totally want to believe in fate & life's plans for me & for the rest of the world.
I am not a person of rigid beliefs. I guess I should start by talking about myself because I believe that a viewpoint is literally a 'view point'. It comes from where you are at that time in life & the baggage you have collected over the years you have lived. I had a course in college where there were discussions about should a writer or a documentary film maker be 'a fly on the wall' or should they let the reader/viewer know where they stand in life in order to gift transparency to the colors in the words/frames. I think I owe it to my readers though most of them would be the ones I have known. I grew up without any rigid beliefs, open to all thoughts, absorbing as much as I could, thinking that slowly but surely one day I would make sense of the world around me. I guess my need to write comes from my need to make sense of my surroundings & the events occurring around me, affecting me, moving me, shaking me, breaking me, making me. I would like to believe that I am not prejudiced & come without any pre-conceived notions, with a constant need to think & evolve.
In the process of growing up I have had strong opinions about the education system, the law, religion, society, media, jobs, etc. I almost gave up my education as I felt that it was a total sham though I always went to the best of the institutes. But then some how managed to go to the university. I always questioned a lot, wondering why most of us do things the way we do them. Then I realized that most of us give up asking & fall into the pattern since it is easier to follow than to find your own way.
I have been asked to write by close friends. They have been asking me to do this for a long time. But then I thought I did not have anything to write about and that I had no right to write about things that I did not know much about. But off late I have come to realize that as you discuss, put your thought into words, then slowly, but surely, you do find a flow & then a pattern & then a solution (or at least a realization), or so I hope.I have no plans for this blog. It’s going to function as a personal diary & an open forum for interesting discussions. Let’s see where it goes.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home