Sunday, February 26, 2006

Sunil the Shayar.

I don't know why, but he is on my mind since the past few days, especially after I heard about CVS's death. CVS was our professor in Mass Comm. I did not know him much, but he was interesting. Thats for sure. We all will surely remember him for his animated talks full of life and enthusiasm. He took our film appreciation classes, a major Amitabh fan, he was full of stories. I ofcourse had an attitude at that time & thought that learning to appreciate films was such a waste of time & a no purpose thingy. I was in search of a purpose. Sadly, I still am. But there were many who really enjoyed this man's company. Since I was always at such a distance from him he never would ask me for my submissions & I would do him a favour by submitting something for his class. But man, do I suddenly regret not knowing him.

This brings me to Sunil. The shayar of our class. A real deep thinker, critique to the core. He was in love with hindustani classical & sher-o-shayari. I remember rushing to the library to find material to submit some last minute assignment where i would find this guy in rubber slippers,chewing gutka & busy reading something with his walkman on. On my first day to the uni, when I bumped into him, I was like "godddddddddddddd" do I have to study with these kind of people. I suddenly regretted being in a prized group of 18 students in a reputed course of one of the top 5 Universities in India.But when the ice was broken, this was the same guy who I gelled with. I remember sharing his earphone and suddenly realising how beautiful Classical music can be. Till then I was fed on total bollywood songs(thanks to my dad I knew a bit of Ghazals & sher-o-shayari,my dad used to conduct sham -e-ghazals to encourage budding poets & to fuel reputed ones,but by the time I grew up my dad lost complete interest in everything,so did not learn to appreciate or understand it much). Total Sindhi girl,no taste for art.But with Sunil, I went back to appreciate shers.

We used to keep exchanging shers. I used to deliberately make an attempt to listen to them, so that our conversation is interesting. He used to call me the Harrapan dancing girl.Not because I danced, but because I used to stand like her.(for those who dont know,with hands on the hips). Now I tried to consciously not stand like that,but he would more or less catch me off guard standing like that. I can go on and on.I dont know why I am thinking of him. So if any of you guys know where he is, please ask him to get in touch. The last I heard of him was in 2004 when he wrote in that he was filming with ShriPrakash Sir on some heady stuff.I SMS'd him too. He says,he has no idea about his where abouts. So guys,please.And Suinl,in case you read i do remember "tum aa gayeey ho, Noor aa gaya hai,naheen to chiraagoon sey lau ja rahee thee"

8 Comments:

Blogger Ron said...

How did u suddenly link Sunil to CVS? I heard about CVS,I didnt know him at all,since he taught me for only one semester, but it made me sad.

For obvious reasons I have absolutely no clue about Sunil's whereabouts. Did he complete the course? He used to freak me out with all the pan and the rum and the chaste Kannada, so again I didnt know him too well.Will ask around in case anyone knows how to get in touch with him and let you know.

Sunday, February 26, 2006  
Blogger Seema said...

I don't know why I linked both of them Ron.Yes, he did complete the course. He came back & joined in with our juniors.Ya I know,"the image". But at GT, I learned to look beyond it.

Monday, February 27, 2006  
Blogger Ron said...

hello, i have news of sunil. he is apparantly teaching tv production in manipal university and has apparantly gotten married!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Tuesday, February 28, 2006  
Blogger Seema said...

R u kidding???????????????????????Its my first day in a new role today.So,I can't even jump or shout here.Shall call you in the evening.Married???????/ Who married him?????????????????????????????/hehe.Amazing u r aunty.Quick finder.Perfect PR woman.Muuahhhhh.

Wednesday, March 01, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey K...,

Apart from being a wannabe shayar Sunil happens to be married too!!!!!did you know???!!i got invited,sad couldnt make it tho..thought should tell you

Friday, March 24, 2006  
Blogger Seema said...

Hey Roh.

Nice to see you on my bolg.Yes, i spoke to to him around April.He was his usual self,teaching Development and television production type stuff.How u been girl?

Wednesday, August 30, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very nice site! »

Monday, February 05, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

http://www.dolabuy.com/celine-bags.htm celine handbags online whether smoke louis vuitton handbags at discount prices kingdom hardware hermes belts buckle authentic hermes bags birkin wind hydrant educationist [url=http://www.dolabuy.com/celine-bags.htm]celine bag[/url]

Thursday, May 23, 2013  

Post a Comment

<< Home